The VEMOCO OBD II device is compatible with petrol engine passenger cars manufactured after 1st January 2000 and diesel engine passenger cars manufactured after 1st January 2003. Trucks and vans above 2500 kg are compatible if manufactured after 1st January 2002 for petrol engine and 1st of January 2007 for diesel engine models, in accordance with legislation.
What is OBD II?OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics II) is the latest on-board diagnostics system, which has been introduced gradually since 1st January 2001 in various vehicle categories. At its heart is the SAEJ1962 port, using which the vehicle’s diagnostic data can be requested from its on-board computer, along with fault codes identifying the issue in the event of a breakdown.
Core characteristics of VEMOCO OBD II
- Plug and play
(The VEMOCO OBD II device can be connected easily, technical assistance is not required for the installation).
- OBD II connector with 3 LED indicators (power, GPS, GSM)
- Integrated, modern GPS module
- GSM850/900/1800/1900 MHz communication module
- Integrated, high sensitivity, professional GPS and GSM antenna
- Flash memory
- Integrated acceleration sensor
- Integrated crash sensor
- Mini USB port
- Compact housing
- Real-time monitoring
- Automatic sleep mode to reduce energy consumption
- TCP and UDP protocol support
- OTA (Over the Air) firmware upgrade support