- How do I know that the application is working on my android mobile operating system?
If you find the the type of your mobile phone in the list, your phone will be able to use the application.
- Where can I buy the VEMOCO device?
You can only buy the device via our online shop on the VEMOCO website at www.vemoco.com.
- Do you only accept bank card payments?
Yes, our system is designed only for online shopping, therefore we can only accept payments using bank cards.
- How can I cancel my subscription?
Go to www.vemoco.com and find the "Log in" option. After logging in, click on the "Customer Portal" and you can cancel the service under "Service settings".
- How can I change my subscription level from basic to premium or from premium to basic?
Go to www.vemoco.com and find the "Log in" option. After logging in, click on the "Customer Portal" and select the service under the "Service settings".
- What is the minimum number of months I can subscribe for?
You can subscribe for a minimum of one month.
- How can I use the service abroad?
You can use the service abroad for the regular monthly fee. This fee also includes the data transfer generated by the VEMOCO device abroad.
- If my car breaks down en-route, do I need to pay for the towing, repair or delivery of my car if I need help?
Yes – if the car breaks down, the owner pays the repair, towing and delivery costs. Our operator will be ready to give you information on the extent of these costs. Your fees will be the same as the current fees of your domestic motoring association. The service will be provided by the relevant association.
- How much do the emergency services cost?
Emergency services (ambulance, fire brigade, police) are free of charge, provided that the subscriber complies with the relevant rules while using the VEMOCO service. If VEMOCO Customer Services cannot contact the subscriber after a false accident alarm, and consequently the emergency services are sent out to the subscriber unnecessarily, then any penalty that the provider of the the emergency service charges against the VEMOCO service provider VEMOCO Telematics Ltd. shall be transferred to the subscriber.
- Who pays for the vehicle recovery costs abroad?
Just as in Hungary, the vehicle recovery costs are paid by the owner of the vehicle.
- Can I only use the service with a smartphone?
To take full advantage of the service benefits, we recommend that you use a smartphone. (Minimum requirements: iPhone 4.3 or Android 4.3 operating system)
- What can I do if there is no OBD II port in my vehicle?
If you do not have an OBD II port in your vehicle, unfortunately you will not be able to use our service.
- How can I set the GEO-fence area?
Go to www.vemoco.com and find the "Log in" option. After logging in, a "Tracking" tab will appear with a map. The "Map" button in the top right-hand corner of the map contains a "Define area" option in which you can set your car's driving area. If your vehicle leaves the defined area, you will receive a notification to your phone.
- How much time do I have have to perform the maintenance after I receive the service alarm?
The system sends an automatic alarm as soon as it detects any fault in the vehicle. We recommend that you perform the maintenance as soon as possible, but the liability thereof lies with the vehicle owner.
- Which insurance company can I apply to for an insurance policy based on driving behaviour?
Currently you can obtain this type of insurance policy from the Hungarian Posta Biztosító at www.postabiztosito.hu.
- When will this type of policy be available from other insurance companies?
Additional insurance companies are now starting to introduce insurance policies based on driving behaviour. We will inform you about our new partners in the "News" section.
- How soon can I receive a reduction in my insurance premium?
The earliest you can use your insurance reduction is after a three-month observation period, which starts once you have signed your insurance policy. During the observation period, you will be entitled to receive a 25% reduction if you comply with the rules.
- I can't install the device. What do I need to do?
Check the installation guides, which you can find at the link of the Installation Guide
If you are unable to install your device, please contact Customer Services by calling +36 30 350-1699.
- Is it guaranteed that I can save on fuel costs?
If you review the driving-behaviour information collected by the device and follow the recommendations issued on the basis of this assessment, we believe you can achieve an average of 5-13% reduction of fuel costs.
- Can I have two entry codes for the web portal or for the mobile app?
Unfortunately this is not possible. In order to protect your data, we can only provide one entry code for each subscriber to our web portal and mobile app. It is your decision and responsibility as to how and with whom you share this code.
- Are your Customer Services really available 24 hours a day?
If you have subscribed to our premium service, our Customer Service team will accept your call 24 hours a day; otherwise they are available Monday to Friday between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM.
- What do I need to take with me to collect my order at a PostaPont?
Please bring personal identification documents and a printed version of the invoice you received after placing your order.
- When will I receive my package after placing an order?
You should receive your item(s) within five working days of placing your order.
- How long is the guarantee provided for the product?
The device is covered by a 1-year guarantee.
- After placing an order, I wanted to download the app to my phone, but I did not receive an SMS on my mobile. What do I need to do?
If you did not receive an SMS after placing your order, please log into the Costumer Portal using the entry code and password you received on the invoice e-mailed to you and check whether you provided the correct mobile phone number. If you did not, please correct it and download the mobile app again from the "Download mobile app" option. You can also download the app free from the Apple AppStore and Google Play stores.
- I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail. What do I need to do?
If you did not receive a confirmation e-mail after placing your order, please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am unable to download the mobile app. What do I need to do?
If you cannot download the mobile app, first check whether you selected the correct smartphone operating system. If you still have problems downloading the app, please read the installation guide. If you are still unsuccessful, please contact Customer Services at email@example.com.
- I am unable to log in to the web platform. What do I need to do?
Check the login codes sent to you by e-mail. If you are still unable to log in, please contact Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I find the guides for the web and mobile apps?
You can find the guides for the web and mobile apps within the applications themselves under the "Help" option.
- Where can I find the installation guide for the device?
We will e-mail you the installation guides for the device after you have placed your order. If you cannot find the e-mail, you can download the guides from here: Installation Guide
- Which countries can I access the service from?
The VEMOCO service is currently available throughout the European Union. It is also available in Switzerland, Turkey, Albania and Qatar.
- How can I return the product?
For guarantee or repair purposes, or as part of the 15-day money-back guarantee, you can return the product to VEMOCO Telematics Ltd. (the provider of the VEMOCO service) within the specified time period.
VEMOCO Telematics Ltd.
Budai utca 5/A
- How secure is my data?
The security of your data is of the utmost importance to us. Data security is regulated by current data protection regulations and the general Terms and Conditions available on our website.
- Can my traffic data be disclosed to the authorities?
Your data may only be disclosed officially, in the event of a legal request issued by government authorities.